The shaft has a modern cemented brick surround and a metal grill without mesh.
QV 63 is on the north side of the main Wadi, between QV 64 and QV 62. The 7m deep shaft (A) has two doorways opposite each other, leading to two large chambers (B and C) and a large side chamber to the southwest of chamber B (Ba). The shaft has a modern cemented brick surround and a metal grill without mesh.
Elizabeth Thomas noted that the two chambers visible at the time of her visit (chamber B and side chamber Ba) were cut at the same time. The tomb was surveyed by the TMP in 1981. QV 63 was subsequently cleared by the Franco-Egyptian team in 1986, at which time an additional large chamber with small appendage were discovered. This third chamber is not visible in the above TMP tomb plan.
The tomb was constructed in the 18th Dynasty and there is no evidence of reuse.
This site was used during the following period(s):
The rock into which the tomb is cut, though of inherently good quality, has a number of long vertical and diagonal fractures in the chambers and shaft. All chambers have piles of fallen rock lying atop a thick carpet of cracked mud. Mud also adheres to the ceiling, suggesting that the tomb filled completely with water.
CNRS mission report: Centre national de la recherche scientifique (France). Rapport d'activité 1987-1988 URA no. 1064, 1987-1988.
Leblanc, Christian. Ta set nefrou: une nécropole de Thèbes-ouest et son histoire, 1: géographie- toponymie: historique de l'exploration scientifique du site. Cairo: Nubar Printing House, 1989.