The shaft entrance has a modern cemented masonry surround with a metal grill with mesh.
A large, well-cut rectangular undecorated chamber, situated perpendicular to the shaft (A) on the southeast side.
QV 59 is located on the north side of the main Wadi between QV 58 and QV 60. The tomb has two similar sized chambers on different axes, one lying to the east (B) and another to the north (C). The shaft entrance (A) has a modern cemented masonry surround with a metal grill and mesh.
Elizabeth Thomas mentions that the tomb was in pristine condition and cut from good quality rock. The tomb was last cleared by the Franco-Egyptian team in 1986, at which time they noted that they cleared the tomb unusually quickly.
The tomb was constructed in the 18th Dynasty.
This site was used during the following period(s):
According to the GCI-SCA, the tomb seems to be in stable condition. A number of fractures run through both chambers (B and C) and the shaft (A). Substantial salt growth is present, both as encrustations and crystals protruding from the rock. A quantity of bat guano is present on the floors and mud wasps' nests are attached to the ceiling. Water infiltration and resulting mobilization of salts is the largest concern in this tomb.
CNRS mission report: Centre national de la recherche scientifique (France). Rapport d'activité 1987-1988 URA no. 1064, 1987-1988.
Leblanc, Christian. Ta set nefrou: une nécropole de Thèbes-ouest et son histoire, 1: géographie- toponymie: historique de l'exploration scientifique du site. Cairo: Nubar Printing House, 1989.