QV 29 is located on the south side of the main Wadi, upslope from the paved pathway and retaining wall. The entrance is adjacent to the footpath up the mountain. The tomb has a single chamber accessed by a large open shaft and part of the ceiling of the single chamber had collapsed. It has been dated to the 18th Dynasty and is undecorated.
The tomb was constructed in the 18th Dynasty.
This site was used during the following period(s):
The tomb is cut into friable shale and has a shallow overburden, which includes the footpath. The shaft opening shows signs of erosion and has the appearance of an irregular hole. Fractured rock is present throughout the chamber and small amounts of fallen rock are visible on the ground. The poor quality of the rock into which the tomb is cut is a principal factor in its deterioration. Susceptibility to upslope runoff and erosion from the footpath has also contributed to shaft erosion and exacerbated rock fracture. Given the poor condition of the tomb overall and, in particular, the shaft and its opening, the GCI-SCA has recommended that the tomb be reburied to protect it against flooding.
Leblanc, Christian. Ta set nefrou: une nécropole de Thèbes-ouest et son histoire, 1: géographie- toponymie: historique de l'exploration scientifique du site. Cairo: Nubar Printing House, 1989.
Wilkinson, J. Gardner. Wilkinson MSS: [Egypt and Nubia between 1821-1831 and 1841- 42, 1848-9 and 1855]. Private Collection of Mrs. Godfrey Mosley, on loan to The Griffth Institute, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, 1821-1855.