Wadi C-2 is located on the southeastern side of Wadi C on a slope that forms the wadi’s eastern border. It consists of a deep shaft (A) that widens at the bottom. The owner is unknown.
The tomb was first noted by Howard Carter during his survey of the Western Wadis in 1916-1917. He observed that the tomb was open and had been plundered. Close to the shaft entrance, Carter discovered a very shallow mimic burial that contained rush-matting holding clay Osiride figures wrapped in linen and lying upon a bed stuffed with barley. The current location of these figures is unknown.
Elizabeth Thomas surveyed Wadi C-2 in 1959-60, but could not enter the shaft. The Theban Mapping Project surveyed the tomb in 1982. Although the joint mission of the New Kingdom Research Foundation and the Cambridge Expedition to the Valley of the Kings located the tomb in 2013-2014, they could not enter it as it was most likely filled with debris. It has been dated to the 18th Dynasty due to its close proximity to the cliff tomb ascribed to Neferure (Wadi C-1).
The tomb was constructed in the 18th Dynasty and plundered at a later stage.
This site was used during the following period(s):
Wadi C-2 is most likely currently filled with debris.
Lilyquist, Christine with contributions by James E. Hoch and A.J. Peden. The Tomb of Three Foreign Wives of Tuthmosis III. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2003.
Litherland, Piers. The western wadis of the Theban necropolis: a re-examination of the western wadis of the Theban necropolis by the joint-mission of the Cambridge Expedition to the Valley of the Kings and the New Kingdom Research Foundation, 2013-2014. London: New Kingdom Research Foundation, 2014.